4th Annual Book-a-Day
So last summer I joined the Book-a-Day challenge and I will share with you that it was the most rewarding experience I have had as a teacher. I took advantage of reading a book every day, including picture books, chapter books (that counted as several days' reading), nonfiction books, graphic novels, and a variety of other genres. I read books in English and books in Spanish. Books, books, books! This was wonderful for me AND for my children. The best part was that I was reading to them and at the same time familiarizing myself with a plethora of books that my students read. Over the summer, I frequented the public library, the nearest Barnes and Noble and Half Price books to browse books and choose books that I know my students have read or might like to read. I was also able to download digital books for free from the Barnes and Noble website and borrow digital books from our public library. Being able to read and get to know a a variety of books has become an important habit that has forever changed me as a reader. This year I will again join the Book-A-Day challenge and I encourage you to join too!
No comments:
Post a Comment